What is Back Pain?
- Temporary, severe pain in the region of the back.
- Shows that the body is suffering from strain.
Causes Of Back Pain – Problems in:
- Bones and tendons within the spine.
- Nerves and muscles in the back.
Back pain can be activated by
- Bad posture.
- Unsuitable shoes.
- Improper walking habits.
- Tense muscles.
- Extended sitting.
- Sleeping on soft mattresses
- Bladder, kidney or prostate disorders.
Applying First Aid For Back Pain
- Rest in a comfy position.
- Smear on an ice pack to the affected region.
- Sedatives or relaxants can be used to reduce pain.
- Avoid physical workouts.
- Avoid cushions.
- Avoid laying on mattresses which are soft and provide no support.
Treatment For Back Pain
- You can make use of anti-inflammatory medications.
- You can rub the affected area with cold or hot packs.
- You can use a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS).
- Simple aerobics on a regular basis can assist with back pain.
- Refer to an Orthopedician if:
a. The pain continues.
b. There is any strain when urinating.
c. Lack of feeling in the toes, legs or feet.
Prevention Of Back Pain
- You need to ensure you have a proper posture.
- Try not to smoke as this can make the pain even worse.
- Try not to stretch your body too far as you could sprain a ligament.
- Try to decrease anxiety or any strain.
- Make sure you take sufficient breaks when you are at work.
- Make sure your lower back is supported and always sit in a straight position.
- Use comfy shoes that don’t have high heels as this can place pressure on the back.
- Make sure you do exercises that involve stretching.