Overview Of Workplace Energy Slumps
- Studies have revealed that the most common time for energy slumps is around 2.16pm, when employees feel exhausted and unable to focus in the afternoon.
Before you grab the chocolate, attempt some of these energy boosters as an alternative:
- The energy boost of a syrupy snack wears off fast.
- As an alternative, have nuts, dried fruit or fresh fruit, which are a great and long-lasting source of energy.
- If you must eat chocolate, select a few squares of top quality plain chocolate.
- It comprises less sugar which means you need less to feel content.
- Stooping over a PC all day can leave you exhausted and sore. Make certain you’re sitting appropriately at your desk.
- Take consistent breaks, at least once every hour: stand up, walk around and stretch your legs and back.
- A few stretches and breaths will increase your circulation and help to make you more alert.
Drink Some Water
- If you don’t drink sufficient water you’ll feel tired, be less able to focus, and you might suffer from headaches.
- Keep a bottle filled with water on your desk, so that you’re more expected to drink frequently, and you will be able to see from the bottle if you drinking enough.
Shifting Work Focus
- When your mountain of work seems limitless, it can be easy to lose interest and fall into an energy slump.
- Splitting your “to do” list into small, controllable jobs and taking a short recess after each one will assist you to remain focused.
- Leave the easy work for early afternoon so that you don’t have to focus too much.
Related Video On Tiredness At Work
Was this article helpful?